Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Friday, January 6, 2012

Mothers Are Warriors

Since becoming a mother 18 months ago I've realized that I'm stronger & more durable than I could have ever imagined.

Women are often put in the position of not only caring for the basic needs of their children, but also organizing and managing an entire household. Cooking, cleaning, appointments, planning, groceries, everything. When things blow up around us as life so often does we pick up the pieces for all our people not just ourselves.

Today was one of 'those' days. After an average day at work I left early to go pick CBear up from daycare and begin our awesome mommy/son weekend together. (Daddy works out of town now & just left this week to return to work)

I arrived just as he was waking from his nap. His eyes were crusty & puffy so I packed him up and took him off to the walk-in clinic.

We arrived at about 4 and were told it would be half an hour. I knew he would be hungry so we walked to the store to find a snack & a bottle of water before attempting to sit in the waiting room forever. It was well after 5 when we finally saw a Dr who checked his ears & scribbled a prescription in less than 2 minutes.

So back to the store/pharmacy we go to get the prescription. We are now told it will be another half hour for them to prepare it.

By this time my back teeth are floating so I ask if there's a washroom I can use. I'm sent off to some back room door they have to buzz me through. On the other side of the door I find a dimly lit (with black light??) hallway and a door marked Men/Women. I proceed to open the door while clinging to my child who's slipping off my hip, my purse, a box of animal crackers, and a bottle of water. Who would've thought there'd be a man sitting there staring back at me!

Back out we go because I don't want to pee in there after THAT anyways so I decide to hold it. We have a seat & I begin the 'entertain the toddler so he doesn't scream his face off in public' game all over again. Only this time I'm dealing with a less than co-operative toddler.

Then my world goes into self destruct mode and explodes. Mr "I poop in public without locking the door" comes out of the bathroom and is also waiting for a prescription. Naturally. My adorable toddler caused me to have to converse with this man. For twenty minutes!

Finally we were able to get the drops and run! We stopped to pick up dinner because it was about 6 by this time & thus too late for me to cook.

Then I had to be the evil mommy who pins him down & puts weird foamy stuff in his eyes.

Today was not kind to me. It was downright evil to my poor sweet boy. We survived though. The two of us are quite the team!

So now that he's in bed and I've lived up to my warrior duties I just have one question. Can I cry now?

2 comments:

Katie Miller said...

Awww Poor C and Poor You, you are doing a great job !! Loving the blog posts, Keep up the good work Hon xx

Maddie Frame said...

Hellyolly!!!

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Safari Sam digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs