Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Things I Never Thought I Would Say

Here is a funny list of things I never pictured myself saying when I became a mother. I'm sure as he gets older the things on the list will get funnier and more random. Here's a look at the first year:

1) Baby, my nose is not a nipple, there's no milk in there.

2) Don't eat the carpet.

3) Baby, Mommy loves you but if you don't stop pulling on my bellybutton skin, we can't be friends.
 (while nursing)

4) Don't pick the cat's nose.

5) Please don't eat the cat's fur.

6) That goes for biting the cat too. Don't bite the CAT. Or pick him up by the tail, he's bigger than you. BABY Leave the cat alone. *Thinking: Why won't the cat run away?*

7) Mommy's blush brush doesn't go in the....OH....okay it does go in the toilet. Lets not put things in the toilet.

8) Please stop biting the couch.

9) Did you just LICK me?.

10) Stop sniffing the cats but PLEASE!


Most of these are said on a daily basis...somebody save me?

I was inspired to write this post both by my mother (@mishframe) and a couple Mommas (@AdoTheMomalog & @DanaMacario) I met on Twitter who, at the same time my mother was harassing me to get writing, were creating a linkup with the very same topic! Check out 18 Years to Life for the rest of the "Did We Seriously Just Say That" posts.

3 comments:

Mrs Lampshade said...

I can completely relate to #6 - we have a HUGE cat (15lbs) and he just sits there like a bump-on-a-log while my daughter assaults him. I'm worried he's going to go all White Tiger on my daughter's "Roy." As for #9, I'm convinced that never ends. In fact, my daughter just turned 4 and it's escalating. Good luck! ;) And thank you for the link-up. It's a pleasure to "meet" you!

Cbearsmamma said...

Our cat is huge too! Actually we have two but the 18lb is fat and ornery and knows well enough to stay away. The other one is around 15lbs and he's the one that lets everything fly, until he gets fed up and he's pulled the "white tiger" routine a few times (claws in). They've started to learn to respect each others space though thank god!

Sara Wilburn said...

Why do they insist on licking us? For real! I know it's my kid and all, but it's still creepy.

Thanks for linking up with us and sharing a seriously funny list of things you thought you'd never say!

~ Sara from http://18years2life.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Safari Sam digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs