Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Monday, April 30, 2012

Project Toddler Garden 2012: Ready to plant

Well thanks to the hard work of my awesome husband the garden is ready to go!

I was able to go out and pull the left over weeds while the boy napped. It was a different way to spend Sunday afternoon but it was peaceful. Despite the little friend that popped out at me - I deserve credit for not screaming! Gold stars and cookies wouldn't be turned away either.

We've made a plan and drawn it out. Most of it can't go in yet as the last frost hasn't happened, but I plan to get the peas and onions in by the weekend at least. Ideally I would do them after work but with it being busy this week we'll have to see.

I think the beans and zucchini will have to go in early and hope for the best because they're growing like weeds already! I almost want to get the blueberries and strawberries in early too they are doing so well I think they could handle it.

I'm ridiculously excited about this project considering I used to hate it as a kid! It's amazing how seeing something through the eyes of a child can change your mind.
Outgrowing their current space already - need to get them in the ground
Here we are all ready to go!
This guy crawled out of the ground and up my glove! I didn't scream - where's my prize?
This is our garden 'map'

1 comments:

Crazy_Lady_Me said...

I cannot wait to see how it turns out! I love gardens, but cannot grow anything. Ever. At all. It dies if I even THINK about planting it.

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Safari Sam digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs