Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Beginnings

Welcome to my blog

New beginnings, that's what it's all about - starting fresh - attempting new things - aspiring to be something greater than you were the day before.

2 months ago I became a mother to the most precious little boy I could have ever hoped for - I wasn't sure I was ready to be a mom or if I would be any good at it, but we seem to be getting along quite well so far.

Not long ago I was the girl that didn't want kids, I didn't want to have that kind of responsibility, I didn't want to be stuck at home, not working, not seeing my friends, attached to this little life for the rest of mine. Kids are messy and loud and demanding...

When I married my husband 2 years ago we decided that was what we were going to do. We were going to become parents. It's the next logical step after all, what else were we doing with our lives that we couldn't fit a little baby?

We decided to wait a little while, get financially secure and try to grow up a little more - we weren't entirely ready after all. Soon enough though we realized that we were making excuses and that money could never be ample enough to feel 'secure' and grown up or not what were we really waiting for? So we started trying. We got lucky straight out of the gate and I think we were both excited and utterly terrified by the idea. Lucky for us that little wake up call was just that, and after a quick miscarriage we were back to trying and preparing ourselves financially, and emotionally. After 8 months we had our positive test and it stuck this time - we were going to be parents and there was no turning back!

There are still days that I question our decision - Were we really ready? Are we going to make it as a strong happy family? Will our son grow up to love and respect us? Will we ever be able to provide all the things we always wanted and couldn't have when we were young?

But I'll tell you that when I hold my son in my arms and I look into his big happy eyes I know that everything is as it should be in this moment and that's all that I can hope for as a woman, a wife, and a mom. Maybe things aren't always perfect, but each day is a New Beginning and we can re-write our future with every hug, snuggle, kiss, and encouraging word.

So here's to a fresh start and a new adventure!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome, just awesome

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Safari Sam digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs